Tuesday, May 30, 2006

On Spork and Art

You all have probably seen the website of Asvajit, Spork's official artist. He's just asked me to pick any pictures that I want to illustrate our noble cause; I can't seem to decide for myself just yet, but I wouldn't mind your suggestions. Please visit his site and post suggestions here.

Meanwhile:
  • The Buddhist priest political party in Sri Lanka (I know, I know) used children (including child Buddhist priests) in an anti-terrorist demonstration. The party (known as the JHU) also expressed concern on allowing tuition classes for children on Sundays, worried that it will obstruct them from attending denominational education institutions (i.e.: Sunday School).
  • The Vatican expresses its concern over China's independence in appointing its own Bishops as without consulting the Pope; they call it "an issue undermining religious freedom".

Thoughts?

10 Comments:

Blogger Asvajit said...

"undermining religious freedom"

Thats a good one...

9:38 pm  
Blogger Yanik said...

"Sunset"?

2:35 pm  
Blogger Prophet said...

Yes, really ironic. I quite like 'Sunset', anyway, but what does it mean? In terms of Spork, anyway? I also like the newest one, Happy Happy Joy Joy. I think it says that life's a little more than blind faith. Thoughts?

3:12 pm  
Anonymous prose said...

Pick from his published pictures? Get the lazy lout to draw one with Spork in mind. Do not let him off THAT easy.

11:05 pm  
Blogger Prophet said...

True. Asvajit's pictures are good, but none of them directly relate to this cause. Happy Happy Joy Joy I like, but it can't be a banner image. What do you say, Asvajit?

8:22 am  
Blogger Asvajit said...

Yeah she's right...I am a lazy lout.
I should do a couple of specific spork related works.
After the accursed fucking exams.

9:53 am  
Anonymous Electra said...

do not, under any circumstances, let him off THAT easy.

3:56 pm  
Anonymous Electra said...

i'm just wondering...what the sporkist view is on alcohol, drugs, pre-marital sex, over-indulgence, gluttony?

i took the 'dante's inferno' test, and i'm going to the 7th inferno (that's just 3 better than the 10th, which is the WORST)and i'm going there because i said yes to things like 'do you consider food to be one of the finer things in life?' and 'have you ever been sexually intimate with someone of the same sex?'

i hope spork has a slightly more broad-minded take on what makes me a sinner. hmph.

1:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

12:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

12:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home